> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Consumer Law > Do I have a case against company or person if person contacted me outside of business relation using my phone number that was pulled without consent?

Do I have a case against company or person if person contacted me outside of business relation using my phone number that was pulled without consent?

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 12th, 2017 on Consumer Law - Florida
More details to this question:
I was contacted by an employee of a mjaor corporation in regards to a matter outside of said corporation. I have not spoken to this person at all except for the one time I was in the store, and did not give them my phone number for personal use. I purchased an item from the establishment in May and the person in question has admitted to pulling my personal number from their place of work to attempt to sell me things unrelated to the establishment. I have had issues in the past with phone harrasment and this incident made me very uncomfortable. I am worried this person may have access to other personal information such as address, place of work, social security, or banking information that I do NOT give out to anyone. I am looking for a professional opinion of how to handle this situation.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 13th, 2017 at 6:27 AM

Well you will only get viable professional opinions when you pay lawyers for them like any other professional. Other than that you get off the cuff comments or tidbits at best. That stated, absent some substantial damage there is no viable case here on a contingent fee so any legal action or issue will involve you paying a lawyer out of pocket to be involved. Short of that I would take the details to the company and notify them and demand they take action to address this. I suspect they will fire the employee and make some small overature to you to "make things right" that you can work out with them. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Consumer Law
Most--but not all--businesses act ethically and honestly. If a company fails to honor a product's warranty, or is violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or refuses to replace a defective product under state lemon laws, you may need a strong advocate on your side. An attorney whose practice focuses on consumer law can work tirelessly to see that you are treated fairly and afforded all of the consumer rights and protections afforded to you under state and federal laws.
Have an Consumer Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

349 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

163 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

100 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

78 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums