How do i sue a business?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 26th, 2017 on Consumer Law - New York
More details to this question:
I hired a company in Brooklyn for my kitchen cabinets. The designer that took measurements made many mistakes. Cabinets came in wrong sizes, even though my contractor made clear of what he wanted. The installer negligence cost me an additional 7,000.00. He forgot to put a 2" insert on each side of where the stove needs to be. The granite was cut but because the inserts were not put in place, the countertop was short 2' on each side. I've filed a complaint with BBB. Please let me know what else i can do.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 02nd, 2017 at 6:16 AM

$7000 makes the case a Civil Court case.  While you can do it yourself, it is not small claims and you may want a lawyer.  BBB does nothing. 

Report Abuse
Consumer Law
Most--but not all--businesses act ethically and honestly. If a company fails to honor a product's warranty, or is violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or refuses to replace a defective product under state lemon laws, you may need a strong advocate on your side. An attorney whose practice focuses on consumer law can work tirelessly to see that you are treated fairly and afforded all of the consumer rights and protections afforded to you under state and federal laws.
Have an Consumer Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums