> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Consumer Law > Im seeking compensation, for car repair due to a car accident. Repair shop has caused me financial loss and family hardship and traumas.

Im seeking compensation, for car repair due to a car accident. Repair shop has caused me financial loss and family hardship and traumas.

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 08th, 2017 on Consumer Law - Florida
More details to this question:
After my car left the body shop, the car has been giving me problems. In addition I had to go back multiple times to the shop for them to look at my car and still the car is giving problems. They are playing crazy, making me waste time, money, work time, and causing much financial and family hardship. I cannot give them more chances to keep screwing me and my family. The repair costed over $11,000, and the car still gives me troubles, in addition, I am stil waiting for more parts to be ordered and to be installed. They took two months to give me back the car, without providing me a rental car, after I requested many times. The estimated repair time was 3-4 weeks maximum.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:38 AM

Unless you have a warranty that covers it - a repair shop is not obligated to provide you a rental car. That is YOUR reponsibility. This sounds like you have been trying to handle an accident repair without a lawyer. You may need to simply accept that you have to spend some money to hire a lawyer to sort this all out. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Consumer Law
Most--but not all--businesses act ethically and honestly. If a company fails to honor a product's warranty, or is violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or refuses to replace a defective product under state lemon laws, you may need a strong advocate on your side. An attorney whose practice focuses on consumer law can work tirelessly to see that you are treated fairly and afforded all of the consumer rights and protections afforded to you under state and federal laws.
Have an Consumer Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums