> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Consumer Law > This call is for my parents they have received a outrageous bill from Con Ed in which they have a damaged meter.

This call is for my parents they have received a outrageous bill from Con Ed in which they have a damaged meter.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 18th, 2017 on Consumer Law - New York
More details to this question:
My parents are being billed by Con Edison for an outrageous amount. They were on the budget and con ed states due to faulty equipment in which con ed was well aware of the whole time. Con Edison says they are liable for the amount they issued my parents. Con Ed has come several times to fix the meter and never was able to do so. The meter is still not working and they sent my parents this bill to be paid. In the mean my mom has all the bill receipts in which she paid in full this whole year. Can anyone please help?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:27 PM

You can sue ConEd if you cannot get satisfaction from them.

Report Abuse
Consumer Law
Most--but not all--businesses act ethically and honestly. If a company fails to honor a product's warranty, or is violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or refuses to replace a defective product under state lemon laws, you may need a strong advocate on your side. An attorney whose practice focuses on consumer law can work tirelessly to see that you are treated fairly and afforded all of the consumer rights and protections afforded to you under state and federal laws.
Have an Consumer Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

112 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums